- 1 gourd, courgette or pumpkin
For the sauce:
- Ground pepper
- Cider vinegar
- Dates, finely chopped
- Almonds, finely chopped
- Boiled white wine
- Vegetable stock
- Olive oil or butter
- Cut gourd, courgette or pumpkin in piece
- Steam in water till cooked.
- Press the water out of the cooked flesh and put into a cooking pot.
- For the sauce, grind pepper, cumin coriander, mint and ginger.
- Add the vinegar, dates and almonds, honey, boiled wine, stock and olive oil or butter.
- Pour this sauce over the squash, bring to a gentle boil and simmer briefly to blend flavors.
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve.