For the sauce:
- Wine vinegar
- 3 finely chopped dates
- Chicken stock
- Mustard seed
- Olive oil
- Boiled white wine
- Ground pepper
- Braise the whole chicken in water for approx. 20 minutes.
- Drain, keep the stock, and wipe dry the chicken..
To make the sauce
- Mix aniseed, mint, ginger, vinegar, dates, stock from the chicken, mustard, olive oil, boiled white wine and honey.
- Heat to the boiling point and simmer gently for 20 min.
- Now score the chiken's skin and pour aniseed sauce over it.
- Roast in a hot oven for 2 hours, basing frequently with the liquid from the roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with pepper before serving.