- 6 young artichokes
- Small sprig of rosemary
- Small sprig of mint
- Pinch of coriander seeds
- Pinch of fennel seeds
- Small sprig of lovage
- Drizzle of olive oil
- A little water
- A little white wine
- Trim the artichoke tips and part of the stems.
- Place in a pan standing on their trimmed tops with the stalks pointing up.
- Chop the herbs and add to the pan with the remaining ingredients with enough water and wine to come half way up the artichokes (half way up the bulb not including the stem).
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently (adding a little water if necessary) for 30-45 minutes until tender.
- Serve with the reduced cooking sauce, and a drizzle of olive oil poured over.