- 20 Oysters
- 20 Venus Clams
- 40 Mussels
- 8 small squid cleaned and cut into thin rings
- Rroasted pinenuts roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalk & tops finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh rue (finely chopped)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 10 pitted dates, chopped
- Olive oil
- Soak the oysters, clams and mussels (not the squid) in cold salted water for a few hours to force them to open and purge any sand inside. Change the water after the first hour.
- Place the olive oil in a large sauce pan and add all the ingredients, except the wine, rue and passum and cook gently without burning.
- After a few minutes of cooking raise the heat to full and add the drained and rinsed molluscs and squid and stir. Then add the white wine and allow to evaporate for a minute before adding the passum and rue.
- Cover and cook on medium heat until the molluscs open and are cooked. (about 5 minutes should be enough) Season with pepper and serve.
- You may wish to cut down on the amount of rue in this recipe and replace it with chopped coriander leaves or flat leaf parsley.