- 4 fillets of plaice
- 1 onion 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g/3oz feta cheese
- 150 ml/5fl oz dry white wine
- 30 g/1 oz seedless raisins
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- A sprig each of fresh thyme
- ½ tsp asafoetida
- Sea salt
- Slice the onion into very thin rings and fry gently in olive oil until it is clear.
- Arrange the onion slices at the bottom of a pyrex dish and place the fish fillets on top of them.
- Grind the coriander and cumin in a bowl, mix with the asafoetida and raisins and sprinkle over the fish. Place the sprigs of thyme and on top.
- Mix together the wine and vinegar and a little salt and pour over the fish.
- Thinly slice the feta cheese and arrange the slices to cover the fish.
- Put the lid on the casserole dish and bake the fish in a preheated oven at 150°c/300t/Gas mark 2 for 1 hour.