Recipe for Beets with Leeks in Wine
An accompaniment nearly any meal
- Whole beets
- 3 thinly sliced leeks
- Ground pepper
- Beet stock
- Sweet raisin wine
- Cook beets, drain and keep the liquid
- Slice the beets.
- Put them in a saucepan with leeks.
- Grind pepper and cumin.
- Add to the leeks and beets. Then add stock ans sweet wine.
- Pour this sauce over the vegetables, bring to a boil, then simmer till leeks are cooked
- The lovely deep color of this dish adds beauty to your table.
- Serve with chiken or game birds