- 4 herring or mackerel, gutted and filleted
- 20-25 vine leaves
- A handful of fresh marjoram
- Olive oil
- Wash the fish and finely chop the marjoram.
- Cut four pieces of tin foil, each of them should be large enough to form a parcel for the fish. Overlap the vine leaves in a row on the tin foil.
- Place the fish fillets on top of the vine leaves.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil over the fish, sprinkle with marjoram and salt and wrap the vine leaves around them. It mabe ne necessary to cover the top of the fish with more leaves
- Close the parcels. Place on a baking tray and cook for 1 hour in a pre-heated oven at 150°c/300°f/Gas mark 2.
- Remove the tin foil and serve the fish wrapped in the vine leaves.