- 1 hare or wild rabbit
- 2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 or 4 leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ litre/½ pint sweet white wine
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Finely chop the leaves.
- Mix the pepper, cumin, ginger and bay leaf with the wine, season with salt.
- Put the hare or rabbit in a pyrex casserole dish and pour over the liquid. Cover and leave to marinate overnight or for 12 hours.
- Remove the hare or rabbit from the juice and dry with a paper towel.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and brown the meat all over to seal in the flavour.
- Return to the casserole dish, spoon the sauce over the hare or rabbit and roast in a pre-heated oven at 180°c/350°f/Gas mark 4 for 1½ hours