- 1½-2 ib (700-900g) neck or breast of lamb
- 1 small finely chopped onion,
- 1 tsp (5ml) coriander seeds
- A pinch of each of pepper, lovage, cumin
- 1 tsp (5ml) anchovy essence
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) wine
- 1 tbsp (15ml) corn flour
- Cut the lamb into 2cm/1" cubes and put theminto a saucepan and toss in the hot oil.
- Grind the onion, coriander seed, pepper, lovage and cumin in a bowl. Mix in the anchovy essence, olive oil and wine.
- Pour this mixture over the meat in the pan and simmer gently for about 2 hours, until tender.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water and add to the stew to thicken the sauce. Stir until boiling.
- Serve hot.