- 250g/½ ib smoked mackerel
- 250g/½lb feta cheese
- 20-25 vine leaves
- 1 fish stock cube
- 2 tbsp garum or sea salt
- Skin the mackerel, remove its bones and, using a fork, mash the mackerel flesh with the feta cheese.
- Take a tablespoon of the mackerel and cheese mixture and lay it on the bottom third of a vine leaf.
- Bring the bottom part of the leaf over the mixture, fold the sides of the leaf over and then roll the mixture up to the top of the leaf to form a parcel.
- Repeat until all the mixture has been wrapped and made into vine parcels.
- Place the parcels in a heavy dish so that they are packed together tightly.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 100 ml/ 3 fl oz of boiling water, season the stock with garum or sea salt and pour over the parcels.
- Put the casserole in the oven at 170°c/330°f/ gas mark 3 and cook the parcels for one hour.
- Serve hot.