- 3-4 oysters per person
- A pinch of pepper
- A pinch of ground lovage
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) wine
- 1 tsp (5ml) anchovy essence
- 1 tbsp (15ml) honey (optional)
- Open the oyster shells as near as possible to the time of eating. (Your lcal fishmonger can do them for you or may offer advice on how to open them)
- They can be served raw or stewed or baked, then covered with the sauce before serving.
- Mix the pepper and lovage with the egg yolks.
- Add the vinegar, a drop at a time, to make a smooth mixture.
- Stir in the olive oil, wine and anchovy essence.
- Honey may be added if desired.
- Mix all thoroughly together, pour over the oysters and serve.