- 200 g/7 oz wholemeal flour
- ½ litre/i pint warm water
- ½ tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- Itsp salt
- Olive oil for frying
- Dissolve the sugar in 100ml/3 fl oz of water.
- Add the dried yeast and leave for 15 minutes.
- Mix the yeast mixture into the flour, add salt to taste and the rest of the water. Stir until you have a smooth batter, then cover with cling film and allow to settle for one hour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Starting from the centre and working outwards, Gradually pour a ladle of batter into the pan
- Fry until firm enough to turn over. Repeat the turning process to ensure the pancakes are cooked throughout and they are golden brown.
- Continue until all the batter has been used.