- 6 bunches of elderberries
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) pepper
- 1 tsp (5ml) anchovy essence
- 4 fl oz (125ml) wine
- 4 fl oz (125ml) passum
- 4 fl oz (125ml) olive oil
- 6 eggs
- Remove the fruits from the stems of the elderberry bunches with a fork.
- Wash them, place in a saucepan with a little water, and simmer gently until just softened.
- Drain and arrange in a greased shallow pan.
- Add the pepper, moisten with anchovy essence, then add the wine and passum and mix well.
- Finally, add the olive oil and bring to the boil.
- When the mixture is boiling, break the eggs into it and stir well to bind it together.
- When set, sprinkle pepper over it and serve hot or cold.