- Fresh Anchovies or other small oily fish
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 glass of wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- pepper to taste
- Wash and gut the fish.
- Dip them in the beaten egg and fry at high heat in a pan in the olive oil, turning once they are brown on one side.
- When both sides are brown pour off the excess oil add the wine and garum to the pan. Reduce this sauce by half.
- Turn out into a serving platter and grind plenty of black pepper over and serve.
- Do not over cook the fish or they will fall apart.