- White wine
- Raw eggs
For the herb sauce
- Coriander seed
- Jericho dates
- Beat and clean the soles and place in a shallow pan.
- Add oil, liquamen and wine.
- While the fish is cooking pound pepper, lovage, origan; grind well.
- Pour on some of the fish stock, add raw eggs, and work into a smooth mixture.
- Pour over the soles and cook over a low fire.
- When the mixture has set sprinkle with pepper and serve.
For the sauce
- Pound pepper, cumin, coriander seed, origan, rue; pound well, moisten with vinegar.
- Aadd Jericho dates, honey, defrutum, oil, liquamen, mix well.
- Pour into a pot, bring to a boil. When it boils, pour over fish.