- 600 g/17 oz wholemeal flour
- 150 ml/5fl oz warm water
- 1½ tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 200 ml/7fl oz goat's milk
- 60ml/2fl oz olive oil
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 egg-white
- Dissolve the sugar in the warm water.
- Sprinkle on the dried yeast and whisk.
- Cover with the cling film and leave in a warm, dry place for 15 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is firm to the touch..
- Cover the mixing bowl with cling film and allow the dough to rise for 2 hours.
- Knead the dough again and separate into three equal sections.
- Roll out the sections into 30 cm/12"lengths.
- Make a plat, pressing gently at the centre to prevent the loaf from breaking up.
- Place the loaf on a greased baking tray and cover loosely with a plastic bag to allow the dough to rise again.
- After about one hour glaze the loaf with the beaten egg-white and bake for 40 minutes at 200°c/400°f Gas mark 6.
- Serve with a savoury dip.