- 100g/3 oz sesame seeds
- 50 g/2 oz spelt flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp water
- Spread the sesame seeds on a baking tray and toast them under the grill for 3 minutes, shaking frequently. Leave under the grill until thay are a golden brown. If the seeds jump about and make a popping sound, this is natural.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and work into a firm pastry.
- Gather the pastry into a ball and place in a plastic bag for an hour.
- After the hour, roll the pastry out thinly on a lightly floured board.
- Using a 5 cm/ 2" pastry cutter, cut out discs and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190°c/380°f/Gas mark 5 for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.