- 1 leek
- 100 g/3 oz feta cheese
- 100g/3oz cheddar cheese
- 2 or 3 mint leaves
- 1 small lettuce
- A handful of rocket leaves
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- A handful of fresh parsley
- A sprig each of rue, thyme and pennyroyal
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Finely slice the leek and steam until tender
- Place in a food-processor. Clean the lettuce and add to the leek, along with the herbs, cheese, pepper and vinegar.
- Process in the processor until all this becomes a fine paste.
- Add more vinegar if required to taste
- Pour the olive oil over the puree before serving with bread.