- 200g/6 oz lentils
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- A handful of coriander leaves
- Sea salt
- Boil the lentils in 1 pint of water for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Then drain off the water, add the vinegar, lemon juice, slice of lemon, olive oil, a few tablespoons of water and the ground coriander seeds.
- Season with salt and simmer gently with the lid on for 20 minutes.
- Chop the coriander leaves finely and sprinkle over the lentils just before serving.