- 12 large truffles
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) anchovy essence
- 1 tbsp (15ml) wine
- 1 tbsp (15ml) caroenum
- 1 tbsp (15ml) honey a pinch of pepper
- 2 tsps (10ml) cornflour
- Scrape the truffles and put in a saucepan with some water.
- Boil until just tender, sprinkle with salt and thread on to skewers. Grill lightly.
- Put the oil, anchovy essence, wine, caroenum, honey and pepper in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the cornflour mixed with a little water and stir until thickened.
- Remove truffles from skewers and serve with the sauce.