- 200 g/7 oz light white flour
- 60ml/2floz olive oil
- 80 ml/3 floz white grape juice or a very sweet white wine
- 1 egg white
- Mix the flour and olive oil with your fingers so that they form into crumbs
- Add the grape juice or wine and knead into a smooth dough.
- Add more flour if required along with grape juice or wine until smooth to the touch
- Gather the dough into a ball and place in a plastic bag and rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Grease a baking tray and roll the dough out thinly. Use a pastry cutter about 2cm/1" in diameter to cut the biscuits
- Arrange the biscuits on the baking tray.
- Brush each biscuit with beaten egg white to glaze.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 190°c/380°f/Gas mark 5.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.